A total number of 19 applications for SASNET planning grants were received. Total amount applied for was 1.61 Million SEK. Decisions taken on 28 February 2006. SEK 305 000 were distributed.
Planning grants for research programmes/projects
- Pernille Gooch, Division of Human Ecology, Lund University: ”Mangrove conservation as a sustainable life insurance for coastal Tamil Nadu communities.” SEK 45 000.
- Marc Katz, Dept. of Religious Studies, Karlstad University: ”The Vitality and Role of ‘Sporting Clubs’ in the Multi-Cultural Community: A Study of the Traditional Youth Organizations of Banaras.” SEK 50 000.
- Madelene Ostwald, Physical Geography, Earth Sciences Centre, Göteborg University: ”Climate Change and Climate Collaboration between Peradeniya and Göteborg University. The Potential of using CDM in land and vegetation recovery after the 2004 tsunami in southern Sri Lanka.” SEK 50 000.
- Sten Widmalm, Dept. of Government, Uppsala University: ”Tolerance in Challenging Political Environments in Uganda, Kenya, India and Pakistan.” SEK 50 000.
Planning grants for educational programmes/projects
- Anders Björkman, Malaria Research Unit, Dept. of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet Medical University, Stockholm: ”Rational use of antimalarial drugs in Pakistan.” SEK 60 000.
- Jim Walch, Dept. of Curriculum Studies and Communication (UKL), Stockholm Institute of Education: ”Teacher education in the field: Facilitating thesis work in South India.” SEK 50 000.