A total number of 12 applications for SASNET planning grants were received. Total amount applied for was 1.25 Million SEK. Decisions were taken on 27 April 2001. SEK 625 000 were distributed.
Planning grants for research programmes
- Jan Lundqvist and Julie Wilks, Department of Water and Environmental Studies, Linköping University: “Triple Integration. Targeting poverty with water and social programmes.” 110 000 SEK
- Bo Mattiasson, Biotechnology, Lund University: “Environmental Remediation and Sustainable Development.” 125 000 SEK.
Planning grants for education programmes
- K Hanumantha Rao, Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering, Mineral Processing, Luleå University of Technology: “International Master of Science Program in Natural Resources Engineering.” 125 000 SEK.
- Gunilla Gren-Eklund, Asian and African Languages, Uppsala University: “Planning of meetings and courses for students at the Nordic Centre in New Delhi.” 60 000 SEK.
Travel grants for research programmes
- Eva Hellman, History of Religions, Uppsala University; and Sidsel Hansson, History of Religion, Lund University: “Gender and religious activism in South Asia: A study of Christian, Hindu and Muslim women’s organisations”. 40 000 SEK.
- Bo S Lindblad, Dept of Public Health, Division of International Health, Karolinska Institutet Medical University, Stockholm: ”Pregnancy and Infancy in South Asia.” 125 000 SEK.
Travel grant for bridging the gap between the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and technology
- Eva Myrdal-Runebjer, Museion, Göteborg University; and Jan af Geijerstam, Division of History of Science and Technology, Royal Institute of Technology: “Exploring the state of the art of the South Asian societal/nature interface through time. 40 000 SEK.