South Asia Travel Grant for Doctoral Students
The Swedish South Asian Studies Network (SASNET) invites Lund University doctoral students to apply for a travel grant.
The grant amounts to a maximum value of 25000 SEK (direct costs) and shall be used to cover travel expenses such as flight tickets, accommodation, and visa fees.
- You are a doctoral student presently enrolled at Lund University.
- You plan to travel during 2023-2024 for a purpose that directly relates to your doctoral research about South Asia or one or many states in the region (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka). Such a purpose could, for instance, be fieldwork, archive visits, or conference participation.
The application should comprise the following documents:
- A brief description of your doctoral project (max 2 pages)
- A statement detailing the purpose of your intended travel and how it contributes to your research (max 1 page)
- A letter of recommendation from your main supervisor
The deadline for applying is 1 September 2023. A decision will be conveyed approximately three weeks after the deadline.
Send the application to sasnet [at] sasnet [dot] lu [dot] se.
For additional information, please contact the Director of SASNET, Ted Svensson (ted [dot] svensson [at] sasnet [dot] lu [dot] se).
Do you have questions?
For additional information, please contact:
Director of SASNET, Ted Svensson
ted [dot] svensson [at] sasnet [dot] lu [dot] se (ted[dot]svensson[at]sasnet[dot]lu[dot]se)