South Asia Travel Grants for PhD Students
The Swedish South Asian Studies Network (SASNET) invites Lund University PhD students to apply for two travel grants.
Each grant amounts to a maximum value of 25000 SEK (direct costs) and shall be used to cover travel expenses such as flight tickets, accommodation, and visa fees.
- You are a PhD student presently enrolled at Lund University
- You plan to travel during 2022-2023 for a purpose that directly relates to your doctoral research about South Asia or one or many states in the region (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka). Such a purpose could, for instance, be fieldwork, archive visits, or conference participation.
The deadline for applying is 31 January 2023. A decision will be conveyed approximately three weeks after the deadline.
Send the application to sasnet [at] sasnet [dot] lu [dot] se.
The application should comprise the following documents:
- A brief description of your PhD project (max 2 pages)
- A statement detailing the purpose of your intended travel and how it contributes to your research (max 1 page)
- A letter of recommendation from your main supervisor
Do you have questions?
For additional information, please contact:
Director of SASNET, Ted Svensson
ted [dot] svensson [at] sasnet [dot] lu [dot] se