South Asia travel grants for Lund University PhD students
SASNET invites Lund University PhD students to apply for two travel grants. The deadline is the 31st of January 2023.
Each grant amounts to a maximum value of 25 000 SEK (direct costs) and shall be used to cover travel expenses such as flight tickets, accommodation, and visa fees.
- You are a PhD student presently enrolled at Lund University
- You plan to travel during 2023 for a purpose that directly relates to your doctoral research about South Asia or one or many states in the region (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka). Such a purpose could, for instance, be fieldwork, archive visits, or conference participation.
The deadline for applying is 31 January 2023. A decision will be conveyed approximately three weeks after the deadline.
Send the application to sasnet [at] sasnet [dot] lu [dot] se.
The application should comprise the following documents:
- A brief description of your PhD project (max 2 pages)
- A statement detailing the purpose of your intended travel and how it contributes to your research (max 1 page)
- A letter of recommendation from your main supervisor
For additional information, please contact the Director of SASNET, Ted Svensson (ted [dot] svensson [at] sasnet [dot] lu [dot] se).