SASNET regularly presents public lectures inconjunction with various departments and institutions at Lund University, in addition to organizing international conferences, workshops, and symposia on South Asia.
Examples of previous lectures:
- SASNET organized a public lecture entitled "The Indian Middle Classes: Number Games and Social Change" with Professor Surinder Jodhka, Chair, Centre for the Study of Social Systems, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India & ICCR Guest Professor 2012/13 at Lund University on 24 April 2013.
- SASNET and the Gender Studies department jointly organized a seminar entitled ”Conflicted Kinship in a Transnational World” with Dr. Anindita Majumdar from Manipal Centre for Philosophy and Humanities, Manipal University, India on 27 April 2016.
- SASNET and the Centre of Middle Eastern Studies jointly organized a seminar entitled ”Sufi Transnational Networks – South Asia and Middle East connection” with Professor Dennis B. McGilvray from the University of Colorado on 2 May 2016.
- SASNET and the Division of Environmental and Energy Systems Studies (Department of of Technology and Society) jointly organized a seminar entitled ”Microalgal Biotechnology and Phycoremediation technology research in India” with Dr V. Sivasubramanian, Director of Phycospectrum Environmental Research Centre (PERC) and Professor N Thajuddin, Head, Department of Microbiology, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu on 23 May 2016.
- SASNET organized a lecture entitled "Is a Non-Hegemonic Human Rights Talk Possible?" with Sumi Madhok, Associate professor at the Gender Institute, London School of Economics (LSE) on 21 September 2016.