Planning grants for research programmes
• Jan Lundqvist and Julie Wilks, Department of Water and Environmental Studies, Linköping University: “Triple Integration. Targeting poverty with water and social programmes.” 110 000 SEK
• Bo Mattiasson, Biotechnology, Lund University: “Environmental Remediation and Sustainable Development.” 125 000 SEK.
Planning grants for education programmes
• K Hanumantha Rao, Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering, Mineral Processing, Luleå University of Technology: “International Master of Science Program in Natural Resources Engineering.” 125 000 SEK.
• Gunilla Gren-Eklund, Asian and African Languages, Uppsala University: “Planning of meetings and courses for students at the Nordic Centre in New Delhi.” 60 000 SEK.
Travel grants for research programmes
• Eva Hellman, History of Religions, Uppsala University; and Sidsel Hansson, History of Religion, Lund University: “Gender and religious activism in South Asia: A study of Christian, Hindu and Muslim women’s organisations”. 40 000 SEK.
• Bo S Lindblad, Dept of Public Health, Division of International Health, Karolinska Institutet Medical University, Stockholm: ”Pregnancy and Infancy in South Asia.” 125 000 SEK.
Travel grant for bridging the gap between the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and technology
• Eva Myrdal-Runebjer, Museion, Göteborg University; and Jan af Geijerstam, Division of History of Science and Technology, Royal Institute of Technology: “Exploring the state of the art of the South Asian societal/nature interface through time. 40 000 SEK.