SASNET keeps a small library at its root node office and visitors are most welcome to come to the office for reading.
SASNET facilitates the exchange of students, faculty and staff between South Asia and Sweden by supporting such research and educational activities as the Linnaeus Palme mobility programme but mostly SASNET support this exchange through travel grants every semester.
Some things SASNET can assist students with:
- Assist with all kinds of academic issues related to South Asia, such as project planning and information about funding possibilities
- Provide useful contacts with universities, research institutions, and non-governmental organizations in all South Asian countries
- Guide the student to individual South Asian researchers in the SASNET network who may become his or her local supervisor or contact person
- Put the student in touch with other European networking groups such as the Nordic Centre in India (NCI) and the European Association for South Asian Studies (EASAS) that sponsor courses and conferences about South Asia
- Facilitate contacts with other Nordic and European students and researchers with similar interests in South Asia
- Supply practical advice before the student travels to South Asia
Read more in the left menu.