Conferences and Events
SASNET regularly presents public lectures inconjunction with various departments and institutions at Lund University, in addition to organizing international conferences, workshops, and symposia on South Asia.
Examples of previous lectures:
- SASNET organized a public lecture entitled "The Indian Middle Classes: Number Games and Social Change" with Professor Surinder Jodhka, Chair, Centre for the Study of Social Systems, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India & ICCR Guest Professor 2012/13 at Lund University on 24 April 2013.
- SASNET and the Gender Studies department jointly organized a seminar entitled ”Conflicted Kinship in a Transnational World” with Dr. Anindita Majumdar from Manipal Centre for Philosophy and Humanities, Manipal University, India on 27 April 2016.
- SASNET and the Centre of Middle Eastern Studies jointly organized a seminar entitled ”Sufi Transnational Networks – South Asia and Middle East connection” with Professor Dennis B. McGilvray from the University of Colorado on 2 May 2016.
- SASNET and the Division of Environmental and Energy Systems Studies (Department of of Technology and Society) jointly organized a seminar entitled ”Microalgal Biotechnology and Phycoremediation technology research in India” with Dr V. Sivasubramanian, Director of Phycospectrum Environmental Research Centre (PERC) and Professor N Thajuddin, Head, Department of Microbiology, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu on 23 May 2016.
- SASNET organized a lecture entitled "Is a Non-Hegemonic Human Rights Talk Possible?" with Sumi Madhok, Associate professor at the Gender Institute, London School of Economics (LSE) on 21 September 2016.