Position available as Junior/Senior Analyst at Afghanistan Analysts Network
The positions are expected to be Kabul-based and full time. The Senior/Junior Analyst will report to AAN’s Co-Directors, and s/he will be provided with a renewable consultancy contract. AAN is recruiting one or two persons. AAN is a small, hard-working and dynamic team and we are looking for individuals who will fit well with AAN’s current team and who are able to contribute to AAN’s work, rather than individuals to fill exact positions.
Specific responsibilities for both positions
- Plan, manage and conduct in-country field research with a view to producing high-quality analytical reports;
- Drafting and finalising analytically in-depth dispatches and possibly reports;
- Participate in all aspects of AAN’s analysis and review processes, including through research collaboration, editing of colleagues’ texts, peer reviewing of reports and mentoring of younger colleagues;
- Contribute to all aspects of AAN’s communications’ processes through media interviews, social media outreach briefings, speaking engagements and other events;
- As needed, contribute to the administration and management of the AAN network and in-country presence.
Candidates do not need to specify whether they are applying for the Junior or Senior Analyst position. A determination will be made based on years of experience, level of knowledge and an assessment of the candidate’s ability to independently research, draft and edit, and possibly mentor others to AAN’s standards.
The deadline for applications for this recruitment is 15 July 2017.