Call for Applications: SASNET Research Grants
SASNET will offer three types of grants:
- Initiation Grants (up to one month) will support researchers who are writing an application for a big grant.
- Research Collaboration Grants will support researchers who wish to initiate pilot research projects that involve either interdisciplinary collaboration between researchers at SASNET or researchers from other institutions.
- Research Outreach Grants will offer funding for workshops, blogs, films, etc. that disseminate South Asian research at Lund University to the public.
The total amount available is 300,000 SEK. Normally, funding in excess of 100,000 SEK will not be granted. Funding may be used to cover expenses (such as material, travel- and meeting costs) but not salaries, except for Initiation Grants.
- Project leaders must be employed at Lund University. Projects that include non-Lund University researchers are encouraged – as long as employees of Lund University are project leaders, i.e. those who submit applications, the budget and final report. A report describing research/educational/outreach outcomes must be submitted within 3 months of a concluded project.
- Project proposals must clearly show how the project will develop and promote original interdisciplinary research on South Asia at Lund University.
Applications will be evaluated based on their academic quality and strategic value for SASNET. Applications may be submitted any time of the year, or until the funds run out.
Complete application must not exceed three pages and include all of the following:
- Project title.
- Name and contact information for the project leader.
- Names and affiliations of all participants in the project.
- Detailed budget.
- Description of the project.
Applications should be submitted as a Word or PDF attachment to Andreas Johansson: andreas [dot] johansson [at] sasnet [dot] lu [dot] se
Decisions on awarded grants will be communicated as they are processed on an ongoing basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered.