Newsletter 3 - 1 March 2001
SWEDISH SOUTH ASIAN STUDIES NETWORK
Subscribe to the newsletter by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please, observe the following about applications to SASNET for Planning Grant: The application with enclosures should be submitted in 15 copies and sent by mail to SASNET’s office, International Office, Lund University, Box 117, 221 00 Lund. Deadline is 15 March (instructions are available on our web site.
• The post as Director of SUM (the Centre for Development and the Environment) is now vacant at the University of Oslo. (http://www.uio.no/)
• Deadline for Applications to Sida-SAREC: April, 23, 2001 (http://www.sida.se/Sida/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=205&a=1368)
• Deadlines for applications to the Swedish Research Council are in the beginning of May, see their homepage (http://www.vr.se)
Conferences, courses and important lectures
• Conference on “The Role of Science in Poverty Reduction”, organized by the Collegium for Development Studies at Uppsala University. March, 23, 2001
• NASA biannual conference ”Waters if Hope”, August 23 – 25, 2001 in Bergen, Norway
• 17th European Conference on Modern South Asian Studies at Heidelberg, July 23 - 28, 2002
• Beyond Home and Exile: Making Sense of Lives on the Move, a course for doctoral students, on December, 2-5, 2001, in Arresødal, Denmark.
• Ashish Nandy lectures in London on ”Telling the Story of Communal Violence in India” on May, 3rd, 2001
• For more information about conferences worldwide on South Asia, see Asian Agenda (http://www.iias.nl/gateway/news/agasia/southasia.php)
• SASNET Planning Grant. Deadline set to March 15, 2001. http://www.sasnet.lu.se/grants.html
• Report from Karlstad. Staffan Lindberg and Jan Magnusson visited Karlstad University, December, 1, 2000. http://www.sasnet.lu.se/repkarls.html
• Report from Uppsala. Staffan Lindberg and Jan Magnusson visited Uppsala University, December, 18, 2000. http://www.sasnet.lu.se/repupps.html
We are also continuously adding new useful links to South Asian Studies on the Web site. http://www.sasnet.lu.se/links.html