Planning grants for continued research networking programmes
• Baboo Nair, Department of Applied Nutrition and Food Chemistry, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund University: ”Networking grant for further development and strengthening of the SASNETWORK on fermented foods, public health and social well-being formed in Nov-2003 to increase its sustainability.” 70 000 SEK. More information.
• Lars Åke Persson, International Maternal and Child Health (IMCH), Department of Women’s and Children’s Health, Uppsala University. ”Network for Interventions against Maternal-Child Malnutrition in South Asia.” 30 000 SEK
Planning grants for research programmes/projects
• Joyanto Routh, Department of Geology and Geochemistry, Stockholm University: “Environmental and long-term pitfalls of human induced changes in lake ecosystems: A case study of the Kumaun Lakes in NE India.” 65 000 SEK
• Aida Aragão-Lagergren, Department of Social and Economic Geography, Uppsala University: “Children ‘left behind’. A study on children of migrant women in Sri Lanka.” 75 000 SEK
• Mirja Juntunen, Department of Oriental Languages, Stockholm University: “The Buddhist-Modernist Thinker Rahul Sankrtyayan and his Influence on Contemporary Indian Writing.” 65 000 SEK
• Amir Mansory, Institute of International Education, Stockholm University: ”Opportunities and Obstacles for Girls’ Education in Rural Afghanistan a project including capacity development of Afghan Educators.” 63 000 SEK. More information on the project.
Planning grants for educational projects
• Gunnel Cederlöf, Department of History and Department of Cultural Anthropology and Ethnology, Uppsala University: ”Environmental History as an Emerging Field of Education and Research. Planning for a collaboration between
Uppsala University and Calcutta University” 75 000 SEK
• Stellan Vinthagen, Department of Peace and Development Research (Padrigu), Göteborg University: “Padrigu – Madras University collaborative education project to develop ‘Peace and Conflict Transformation Studies’ in India.” 75 000 SEK
More information about the project.
• Nils-Axel Mörner, Paleogeophysics & Geodynamics, Stockholm University: “Research and Education in the Maldives regarding sea level changes, island evolution and reef ecology.” 25 000 SEK
• Peter Schalk, Department of History of Religions, Uppsala University: “Introduction of Modern Research Methods and Theories within the field of humanities in the University of Yalppanam.” 50 000 SEK